Friday, November 21, 2008

This name is SOoooo Bad!

The Dada Drummer has been swamped with boring non-Drumming work in recent days, a ridiculous busyness made painfully manifest in my blog silence.

Only one power in the world could awaken the ire of the Dada Drummer enough to break the too-much-work spell. Only one thing could force me from my bed and much-needed sleep at 6am on a Friday to sit behind this stupid keyboard. . . A REALLY FREAKIN' AWFUL NAME!

Ready for it?

BRONX MOWGLI

AAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!

Jessica Simpson's baby sister Ashlee (no, seriously, she's a baby) just had a baby boy. She and her teen boy lover have fouled this new creation of Almighty God with what I'm prepared to call the WORST NAME EVER.

First name BRONX...because Brooklyn is too popular and girlie I suppose...and the middle name MOWGLI....as in the JUNGLE BOOK character raised by freakin' wolves!!!

Oh. My. Dada.

We have reached a new low as a culture. Crap! And just when the elections had buoyed my optimism about our progress as a nation, this happens.

As Special K would say, "Mother Puss Bucket!" Now I'm REALLY depressed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they found that name at the bottom of a bottle of tequila -- a really bad tequila.

Shannon said...

I was going to write a comment about her mom's book on best baby names hitting bookstores in time for prom when I remembered that was the Spears' parental unit. It's so hard keeping track of all the celebrity tweens' publicity seeking parents...

Coco said...

That poor, poor kid. It's like celebrities try to out-stupid each other with their kids' names nowadays, though, so oh well.

Anonymous said...

It's really a bad choice for their baby's name!