Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Calling the Dada Drummer! Can you Hear Me!

Greetings Friends and World Travelers!

I have heard you calls in the night--where is the Dada Drummer?? Well, it's a long story. And I'm under a court order not to disclose the details on about 97% of it. Here's what I can say: Secret Service guys have no sense of humor at all. Zilch. If they unseal the records, I'll be able to tell you why one day. Suffice it to say this story was not covered on CNN.com or Fox News. But I had a break from the normal routine. Somewhere warm, it seemed. Hard to tell with no windows.

The good news is that I'm back now. And can legally blog again.

The bad news is that my houseplants are all dead, my passport has been confiscated, and I have to wear this awkward monitering device.

Live and learn!

8 comments:

Mark Osler said...

But... did they give you an overly cute code name to torture you? Like Innmayte Grunmpye?

The Dada Drummer said...

Yes! But that wasn't the worst part. They propped open my eyelids and ran TITANIC on a 24 hour/day loop.

DAN BUCK said...

And they made her watch while they urinated on copies of The Iceman Cometh.

Anonymous said...

It could have bee worse. It might have been As Good As It Gets.

The Dada Drummer said...

See Dan Buck. It's not just me!

Anonymous said...

ooooh. I hated "As Good as it Gets." Glad to hear someone else did too. The very idea that Helen Hunt would EVER spend any time with Jack Nicholson is laughable. The whole movie was incredibly contrived.

Titanic was awful too, but at least there were cool special effects. And Leonardo DiCaprio died. I liked that part.

WI_Dilettante said...

By the by, Dr. DD, you're not fooling me with that McGuffin poll. I hear Rev. Huckster-bee's folks are seeking a TRO in all fifty states.

Coco said...

Well...

...the Bush twins...at the same time?

PA.