Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Dada Drummer is an Ace of Cakes

That's right. I can TOTALLY decorate cakes. I learned it from TV, the shiny box in my living room that also taught me to build a chopper, design high fashion, decorate rooms, train dogs, sell antiques, style hair, and race around the world. Thank you, TV!

But back to my cake decorating skills. Which are awesome.

My best friend Special K just had a birthday. I don't want to be indiscreet by revealing his age, but I can tell you that his party theme was "42". That's the name of a super fun domino game that old men play in Texas. Old men, plus the Dada Drummer's friends.

In the game 42 (did I mention it's super fun?) each player pulls seven dominoes. So for Special K's birthday, I made seven domino cakes.

The dots are mini-oreos and the lines are squares of hershey bar. I'm SUCH a sugar artist!

And, just for the record, I gave him a REALLY GOOD hand of dominoes! Happy Birthday, Special K!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Special K!

I have it on good authority that Libras are awesome and I know for fact that two Libras teamed up for Texas 42 ALWAYS win.

Anonymous said...

Lundy is obsessed with Mexican Train and two other dominoes variations. So I told her to come here and see your cakes. (She loved them!) Now she's dying to learn "42". Thanks for feeding her addiction. :)

Anonymous said...

"... I know for fact that two Libras teamed up for Texas 42 ALWAYS win."

Unless they're up against a lion and a crab. Fire and water just swallow up the air.

The cakes look yummy. Hope Special K's b'day was a treat all the way around.

sha said...

so i'm a little tardy catching up on my blog reading, but i wanted to say how awesome (AND tasty!) those cakes were! nice job and VERY clever!