Thursday, November 15, 2007

And the winner is...

Last week, the Dada Drummer didn't name a winner in Tryndee Nayme Wednesday. This didn't sit well with some of you fine readers. It seems that SOME of you only work for rewards (thanks, Capitalism!) and are sad about the absence of clear outcomes. I think I saw one of you even cry.

So if you must know, Mrs. CL was the clear winner last week. Come on, you knew that! She was brilliant. But I'll say it anyway.

And because we're not supposed heap praise on any one person for fear of demoralizing the others (thanks I'M OK YOU'RE OK!) I guess I shouldn't say that her Wynstyn Earnhart was my favorite this week for its brilliant double signification of Earn as in $ and Earn as in Dale (thanks, NASCAR!) .

And I can't say that I liked danbuck's Lowy Pricelynd because he already got a university grad student paper award this week and I can't abide his head swelling.

And I guess I can't express my delight in the syllabic nonesense of Shannon's entry Crafton Alabamah. Nor can I reward her uncanny understanding that this couple was, in fact,not only from Alabama but also hardcore fans of the eponymous country music group.

Maybe next week some of you could suck at this more and make it easier. Work on that.

FINAL NOTE:
Sadly, anonymous's choice of Landynn Laird is disqualified because that is so obviously a girls's name. And anonymous's second choice of Mullet Head lacks the requisite extra syllables and excessive letters "y" and "h". Perhaps if you'd cree-ative-leigh spelled it as "Muh'lette Heyde" I could have choosen it.






2 comments:

WI_Dilettante said...

O Great Dada Drummer --

Some of us foolishly thought we had some extra time to consider monikers since the impending birth was still a week off. We mistakenly assumed that Dr. DD would be taking a Thanksgiving break. Ah, well -- call us Bottom.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks, friend. Last week's entry was completely off the cuff, and this week's was inspired by my brief spell in North Carolina. I am not a NASCAR fan.

My only naming advice is to never, ever name anyone or anything Angel. (I've said this before, it's the kiss of death)