Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Don't You Like Anything?


The Dada Drummer has been accused of being overly grouchy about creative trends in contemporary baby naming. Well, duh.


But the Dada Drummer has made a Lenten promise to be less curmudgeonly and is thus publishing a list of names that carry the DD seal of approval. Look to the right of the screen and you'll notice an alphabetical sampling of names the Drummer actually likes.


There, are you happy?


(p.s. I'd love to hear your responses to the list. I would also welcome your own A-Z of good names.)

6 comments:

Meatball said...

I do feel like turning a few of those names into the Dada Drummer, but then I realize who has posted them...Hmm...I'm conflicted.

The Dada Drummer said...

Well, Meatball, all I can say is that pickings get really slim on some of those letters!!!

What would your list look like??

Anonymous said...

Zebediah?

And what about the previously approved name Elizabeth?

Or even my own, Thomas!

Anonymous said...

And I would hum "Quinn the Eskimo" (the Manfred Mann version) to any person, male or female, I met named Quinn.

Heck, I'd break into song. I'm doing it now... "Come on without, Come on Within, You've not met nothing like the Mighty Quinn!!"

The Dada Drummer said...

Yes, Zebediah. Considering the other Z name possibilities for boys, I put a healthy stamp of approval on the name. And with the right surname "Zeb" could be a very successful day-to-day moniker!

iplawguy mistakes the list--these are not the only choices allowed by the venerable Drummer. Rather, this is a good starting place for people whose short list currently includes the likes of "Emmaleigh" and "Brock."

For the record, Elizabeth and Thomas are utterly acceptable.

P.S. The Bob Dylan reference gets you two gold stars. And why not give a nod to your favorite nasally folk singer with the name Quinn rather than the tired tryndee nineties tag "Dylan"!!!

Meatball said...

Yeah, I figured. Why constrain yourself to names for all letters though?