Friday, August 8, 2008

New Notes on Baby Names, Episode 2

Today's Topic: Good Sibling Names

Instead of kvetching about really heinous baby name choices for siblings, I'm going to give examples of good, acceptable, and sometimes downright GENIUS sibling sets. Please note that all of these are taken from real life friends and acquaintances of the Drummer. If you see your sibling names here, you're welcome. If you don't, well, I'm sorry...again.

Drew and Clay (m,m)*

Grace and Clare (f,f)

Simon and Julia (m, f)

Henry and Gracie (m, f)

Elijah and Isaac (m, m)

Carter and Max (m, m)

Hope and Kate (f, f)


* I shouldn't have to indicate gender with this little parenthetical---but sadly I do.

If YOU have an example of good sibling set names from your real world, let's hear them. If you just can't RESIST sharing news of appalling sib set names...well...far be it from me to stop you from posting those as well!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good:

Luisa Rosa (nickname Lulu) and Mario (f,m)

Nathaniel and Katherine (m,f)

Gracie and Henry (f,m)



"Different":

Maddox and Aspen (m,f)

sha said...

awwww! i'm so excited my little gus made the list! [or are they on there 'cause you knew i'd be reading this????] ;-)

and btw, i think my word verification makes a lovely name for a baby: "orbiwx"

The Dada Drummer said...

Sha...

The Dada Drummer is sweet, but she isn't thoughtful enough to put their names their because you were reading it--just ask some of her other real world friends (insert apology here).

I just dig the names.

Word Verification Sib Set:
Orbiwx and Ikebntu

Anonymous said...

Good match-
Adelaide and Bernadette (f,f--I would hope that would go without saying)

Sister names at my church that don't go together:
Schyler and Anastasia

Anonymous said...

I always thought my sister and I's names went well together:

Allison and Whitney

:)

Nancy said...

(Flattered)

Naming #1 was easy. Devoted to my grandfather, I knew I'd name my son after him. And by my sheer will I made sure everyone else in my family had girls lest they steal the name. (Don't ask me how I did that... just fear me because I could.)

#2's name was much, much harder. I always felt #1 was such a good name that I couldn't give #2 the shortshrift. Hubby Magnus Patris wanted 'Steve' for #2. But Steve was our cat, and I just new that in future years #1 would say "They named me after great grandpa... they named you after the CAT".