Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Offense to a Reasonable Person"

The Drummer's friend Director Whit sent me a story about New Zealand laws designed to prevent parents from giving baby names that would cause offense to a reasonable person. I am now running for Senate so that I can introduce similar legislation. Of course, I plan to give myself sole power for deciding what is reasonable.

Examples of offensive names that would become illegal under the Dada Drummer Non-Stupid Names Act (nicknamed "Nevaeh's Law") include:

Asher
Braden
Bree
Chandler
Clove
Jadan
Jaxxon
Lyric
Poet
Mace

What am I forgetting??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CanNOT believe you forgot

Nevaeh

The Dada Drummer said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are SO right.

Let's call it the Nevaeh Act!

Or we could send out Nevaeh Alerts when we learn of illegal naming!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WI_Dilettante said...

Beelzebub -- and any first name which, when combined with the family name, yields a pun, tasteless or not.

So both Uran Angel and Ima Hogg are out.

Oh, and Winston and Clementine should be outlawed for bulldogs. The Churchills and the pooches both deserve better.