Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Book Banning!

The American Libraries Association has designated next week as Banned Books Week!

In fact, "banned" books in the US today actually mans "challenged" books. That is, books that some right thinking citizen felt were so offensive, dangerous, and/or evil that they ought to be removed from libraries. You know, to protect the kids.

Well, I say good for them! Someone's got to have standards.

So I've decided I'm PRO book banning!

And to celebrate banned books week, I have come up with a short list of books I would like to see banned:

Titanic: James Cameron’s Illustrated Screenplay by James Cameron
Left Behind Series by Tim F. LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
Your Best Life Now! by Joel Osteen
The Rules: Time Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right by Shamoon and Fein
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
Godless: The Church of Liberalism by Ann Coulter
God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens
See I Told You So by Rush Limbaugh


It's not much, I know, but its a start. Feel free to suggest other bannable titles. Maybe we can get together and have a bbq.

8 comments:

DAN BUCK said...

C'mon, I know there's got to be mountains of books with bad theology that you could come up with.

I also thought maybe the week after Banned Books Week, we should have Band Books week where we eat lunch together in the Music Building and read sheet music to each other. "G-clef, quarter note, half, quarter note..."

DAN BUCK said...

Oh and thanks for your remarks. And thanks for sharing "Title of Show" with me. I went and downloaded "Die Vampires" and wrote a scene in the play that's been bouncing around in my head for six months.

Anonymous said...

My 10th grade trigonmetry/functions book should be burned, if it still exists. I had no clue what was going on in that class.

Nate and Maren Records said...

"10,000 baby names" by Bruce Lansky. Complete waste of 3.99. didn't even help us.

The Dada Drummer said...

You're right danbuck, there are more bad theology books to be banned.

Including
THE PRAYER OF JABEZ by Bruce Wilkinson
THINK AND GROW RICH by Napoleon Hill
A LIFE UNLEASHED:GIVING BIRTH TO YOUR DREAMS by Joyce Meyers
THE ANNOINTING by Binny Hinn

Nate and Maren Records said...

joel olsteen...anything by joel olsteen. and ban him while you're at it.

Unknown said...

BAN Ann Coulter...everything she has ever said written or thought about saying!

Anonymous said...

I've decided to ban any play written by Neil LaBute that is published prior to a first production. The sooner Faber & Faber realizes that doing so is a terrible idea, so much the better.